Increase your profile and promote your research
The 24-hour news and social media cycle means journalists, producers and editors are constantly looking for interesting health and medical news. There is also growing awareness about IHMRI from local, national and international media outlets for expert commentary and interviews.
These factors represent a wonderful opportunity for IHMRI researchers to grow their public profile. In the current competitive world of funding, community support can make a difference to the sustainability of research projects. The community can also assist by providing consumer feedback in grant applications and participate in clinical trials.
Putting yourself in the spotlight may seem a little daunting, but with the right advice and support you can build your confidence, hone your interview skills, and explain your research clearly to different audiences. The IHMRI Communications Team helps researchers increase the profile of their work by promoting research outcomes, achievements, fundraising activities, volunteer/recruitment opportunities and community engagement initiatives.
We have many years combined experience in a range of marketing, communication and engagement disciplines from different industries. We are here to help, so get in touch.
Once affiliated with IHMRI, researchers are promoted in the following ways:
- a profile page on IHMRI’s Find a researcher directory.
- currently funded research projects listed on IHMRI’s Research projects directory.
- promotion on IHMRI’s social media channels, Twitter and Facebook.
- promotion of research and community activities on IHMRI’s Events calendar.
- subscription to IHMRI’s monthly e-newsletter to researchers, Research Matters.
The Communications Team also provides tailored and personalised help with:
- media liaison and training
- event promotion
- internal communication
- social media
- digital/email marketing
- recruitment for clinical trials
- community engagement and outreach