Member IHMRI Board
Tom leads the Commercial Team of Access Law Group with a wealth of Commercial and Employment Law experience.
Although his practice is broadly-based Commercial Law practice, Tom’s particular expertise includes:
- Commercial transactions including joint venture arrangements, distribution and service agreements
- Advising directors and shareholders in relation to governance, their rights and responsibilities
- Intellectual property
- Asset protection and advice to directors and shareholders
- Employment law, including preparation of employment contracts and Enterprise Agreements
- Advice in relation to workplace health and safety
Tom was admitted in May 1994 and has over 25 years’ experience working in senior positions in Wollongong law firms and, for a 2-year period as a Corporate Lawyer in Sydney. He joined Access Law Group in 2003. Tom gained extensive experience in litigation particularly in the area of employment law and then developed a practice which provided commercial advice to various heavy industry and coal-based companies having a local and international presence. He was recognised as an Accredited Specialist in Business Law in 2007 and was appointed as a Director of Access Law Group that year.
Tom has professional affiliations with the Law Society of New South Wales, Accredited Specialist Business Law, The Illawarra Connection, Illawarra Business Chamber, and Safety Institute of Australia.